Buying and installing your rain barrel:
- Check that your rain barrel is made of quality, food-grade material that is meant to hold water. Other types of water containers cannot be counted on to withstand the water pressure.
- Make sure it is set up on leveled blocks, so as to provide a safe spot for draining underneath, and a sturdy base to prevent tipping over.
- Always keep your rain barrels covered to prevent children or pets from falling in, and to keep mosquitoes and larvae from reproducing.
- Cover the downspout and drainage spots with netting or wire mesh to prevent mosquitoes and debris from getting in your water.
- Arrange your freeze proof rain barrel so that the overflow valve is facing away from your home's foundation.
General care and maintenance tips:
Shop By Category