1. Keep your kids and pets from using your rain barrel as a swimming pool, and keep them safe, with a rain barrel cover.
2. Need to keep your downspout from doing its job properly? Simply connect a water diverter to your downspout so the runoff from your roof lands in your rain barrel instead of the street.
3. Keep gravity on your side and make it easier to fill watering cans and the like with a rain barrel stand.
4. If you're new to collecting your own rain water, invest in a complete system which will include everything you need to properly collect water and maintain your rain barrel throughout the different seasons.
5. Worried about how a barrel will look next to your house? Take the time to look at our wide selection until you find the right design and color to match your home and style.
6. Going big with more than one rain barrel? Use a barrel connector kit to increase your water collecting capability.
7. Use a rain barrel soaker hose so you can release the water you’ve collected over time instead of going the traditional watering route.
8. You don’t have to worry about rusting, fading, chipping, and cracking with the new designs available for today’s water barrels. Many of the accessories carry the same benefits so you don’t have to worry about your rain barrel or accessories falling into disrepair.
9. If your rain barrel has a drainage hose to keep it from overflowing, make sure you direct it away from your home.
10. Use a mesh filtering system to help keep your water barrel free of leaves, bird droppings, and other items that might contaminate or block your rain barrel.
11. Make sure to regularly check any screen you’re using to ensure that mosquitoes or other insects aren’t breeding.
12. Have your children - if they are old enough - help you set up and use your rain barrel to teach them about the importance of conservation.
13. Check local laws before investing in a rain barrel and accessories; some towns and cities prohibit their use.
14. Use your rain barrel and any accessories as part of a decorative landscape in your yard or garden.
15. Investing in a rain barrel system not only saves you money, but also helps to preserve the environment and our precious water supply.